This is the place where a California girl, transplanted to Oklahoma City, shares her love for all things food related.






11.06.2010

I dream of ice cream

I have always dreamed of opening my own artisan ice cream shop.  Well not always but ever since my first visit to San Francisco's acclaimed Bi-Rite Creamery.  Their salted caramel is unbelievable. There's nothing even close to a Bi-Rite Creamery in OKC. However there is a place that sells Jeni's Ice Cream out of Columbus, Ohio.  Her salty caramel ice cream is rich, salty, sweet and tangy. It rivals Bi-Rite's salted caramel.  It's made from the best ingredients and just pretty darn amazing.  I tend to make my own ice cream on a regular basis but when I don't have the ingredients I need on hand to whip up a pint of say honey lavender or toasted coconut ice cream (thanks to David Lebovitz's Perfect Scoop), I find comfort in the high quality ingredients that Jeni's uses.  If you live in OKC, find her delectable artisan ice creams at Forward Foods. Worth every penny!  Or have some of her unique flavors shipped directly to your door. http://jenisicecreams.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment