This is the place where a California girl, transplanted to Oklahoma City, shares her love for all things food related.






10.06.2010

Fall is here and I spy pumpkins

Today at the bakery, Prairie Thunder Bread Co that is, I found myself craving the fall.  Oklahoma weather has dipped slightly from the sweltering "fry-an-egg-on-the-sidewalk everyday this summer" heat & I am ready for the change as long as snow is not to follow. Cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger & pumpkin popped into my head today as I baked.  For some, fall is here when Starbucks rolls out their pumpkin spice coffee drink specials.  Not me.

After work, I ran over to a magical place called Pam's - Reno & S. Douglas for anyone that has the pleasure of living in Oklahoma City. If you haven't gotten into the Halloween spirit, now is the time because before you know it, Starbucks will be rolling out their nutmeg lattes.

No comments:

Post a Comment