This is the place where a California girl, transplanted to Oklahoma City, shares her love for all things food related.






2.01.2011

Blizzard conditions call for banana honey ice cream


Banana honey ice cream on the fly - no toppings needed

Growing up in the Clark household, we were always partial to banana and peanut butter anything thanks to my dad, Randy (also known as RC).  RC would also put molasses and wheat germ on his banana/peanut butter combos but that's another story.  Gross (period).
Today I survived what I think was a huge snowstorm far from my roots in Northern California.  Homesick for something that reminded me of that place that has never seen a flurry, I made ice cream.  The natural peanut butter in our fridge wasn't going to cut it in my ice cream creation so I decided to make banana honey ice cream instead.  My timing was good because my generous neighbor Linda cooked up a feast and invited us over for a wonderful home cooked meal.  I was in charge of dessert.  This ice cream is pure, simple and great any time of year!  Ingredients - milk, cream, ripe bananas, acacia honey, pure vanilla extract, a pinch of salt and egg yolks.  What's not to love during this blizzard that has everyone in OKC suffering from cabin fever?




No comments:

Post a Comment